Snowmass Village Real Estate Analysis February 5, 2016
I have been busy the past weeks with a lot of Snowmass Village condo activity. I think it’s such a great value today that I’m building a new single-family home there for my family. We’re so excited to be moving to Snowmass. Snowmass has never traded at a bigger discount to Aspen then today. It’s selling for about half the average sold price per sq. ft. of Aspen for all property types. On top of that there is such a strong seasonal and full-time rental demand in the upper Roaring Fork Valley with families looking to get into the Aspen School District with the number on school in the state and #24 in the country, and very little vacancy. Many Aspenites, myself included have been priced out of the Aspen single-family market, yet there are still some great opportunities in Snowmass Village. I know so many young families that have moved to Snowmass in the past year and more that are headed there this year. It’s the place to be!
I feel like everyone is holding their collective breath waiting for some clarity on base village. I believe once the future picture is clearer we will see increased activity and appreciation again. I think there are some incredible real estate opportunities at one of the best family ski/snowboard resorts in the world, not to mention one of the best single-track mountain biking destinations.
Below are some stats that I wanted to share with you from some research I’ve done on behalf of my clients the past week:
- There are 184 actively listed condos in Snowmass Village today at an average list price of $1,239,326 and an average list price per sq. ft. of $790 with 332 average days on market.
- 8 condos are pending sale in Snowmass Village today.
- 94 condos have traded in Snowmass Village the past year at an average sale price of $892,268, 93% sale/list and 355 ADOM
- An almost two year supply of condos exists today in Snowmass Village
- 61 single-family homes are on the market in Snowmass Village today at an average list price of $5,724,918 and an average list price per sq. ft. of $1,134 with 316 average days on market.
- 6 homes are pending sale in Snowmass at an averae list price of $3,813,333 and $910 list price per sq. ft.
- 33 homes sold the past year at an average sold price of $4,170,709, 91% sale/list and $941 sold price per sq. ft.
- There is about a twenty month supply of single-family homes in Snowmass today.
- There are currently 32 actively listed four-bedroom plus Snowmass Village condos on the market at an average list price of $2,598,516 and an average list price per sq. ft. of $978.96 and an ADOM of 298 days.
- 9 four-bedroom + condos have sold in Snowmass Village the past year at an average sale price of $2,725,667, 92% sale/list with an average sold price per sq. ft. of $844 and 399 ADOM.
- 5 ski-in/ski-out four-bedroom condos sold the past year in Snowmass Village at an average sale price of $2,846,200, 91% sale/list and an average sold price per sq. ft. of $863.92 with 481 ADOM.
- There are currently 25 actively listed four-bedroom + Snowmass Village condos on the market today with 1 pending sale, #60, with an average list price of $2,743,688, $1,026 list price per sq. ft. and an ADOM of 298 days.
- The absorption rate for four-bed plus condos in Snowmass Village is 60 months.
I hope this is helpful. Contact me if you'd like more information on Snowmass Village condo and single-family properties. Happy winter season!