Posted on June 25, 2021 by Chris Klug
Summer is officially in full swing in Aspen Snowmass! Musical, cultural, and outdoor events and activities are back. Fourth of July is just around the corner, and is one of the best holidays to celebrate in Aspen. There won’t be the longstanding tradition of the Old-Fashioned Fourth of July Parade through the downtown core. Instead, there will be a reverse parade. How exciting to start a new tradition! Here are six more activities for a memorable Fourth of July weekend in Aspen Snowmass. These events also run through most of the summer. Check them out!
- Shows at the Belly Up: Live music was definitely a most missed event in the last year and a half. The Belly Up is back at 100% capacity with a jam packed lineup. Deadmau5 will kickoff the holiday weekend with a two night set on July 1st and July 2nd. Big Gigantic will play on Saturday, July 3rd. On July 4th, Kygo will perform a highly anticipated show to a sold out crowd. Blues Traveler will end the epic weekend on Monday, July 5th. For tickets and show updates, head over to bellyupaspen.com
- ParkRun at Aspen Golf Club: Group running is back! ParkRun is a global movement to get local communities active and outside. This particular ParkRun is a free, weekly event at the Aspen Golf Club course, which is a 5k. While it is a free event, participants are encouraged to sign up online in advance at parkrun.us/aspen. Meet on Saturdays at 9am.
- Aspen Farmer’s Market: Since 1998, our local farmer’s market has been a summer staple for locals and visitors alike. Whether you’re looking for the latest handmade local fashion or fresh produce, you can find it here! Farmer’s Market runs on Saturdays through September from 8:30am to 2pm.
- Aspen Art Museum Events: The Aspen Art Museum hosts weekly workshops, live music events, and screenings. On Saturday July 3rd, head over to the rooftop for a screening of The Sandlot, a baseball themed photo station, and a craft for the kids. For the full summer schedule of events at the Museum, go to aspenartmuseum.org
- Live Bluegrass Music at Ajax Tavern: We really missed live music! Be sure to grab lunch at one of the most gorgeous outdoor patios in town at Ajax Tavern for delicious food and great bluegrass music. Dave Notor Band plays every Saturday and Buffalo Joe plays every Sunday. What a perfect treat after hiking and biking Aspen Mountain!
- Dinner and a Movie at Ajax Tavern: New as of 2020, Ajax Tavern has brought the movie to you outdoors! Reserve a table at their gorgeous patio for dinner and be treated to a show! This week’s screening is Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy. This event runs through September. For a list of weekly movies, head over to thelittlenell.com